Project Manager – Melbourne
About the opportunity
Hickory is Australia’s most innovative construction company, at the forefront of new technology and driving Australia’s multi-unit, high-rise residential evolution. Established in 1991, we’ve grown from a small family business into a nationwide group, with over 600 employees including construction, structures, facades, manufacturing, fit out and crane logistics specialists.
Hickory will be delivering a large pipeline of work in 2018 and is seeking an experienced Project Manager to lead construction project delivery.
We are keen to hear from individuals with substantial experience in construction project delivery, with the ability to drive and achieve key project performance criteria relating to safety, time, cost and quality for the project.
The ideal candidate will have worked for established medium or top tier construction contractors, delivering projects in excess of $20 million. This is a perfect opportunity for individuals seeking to expand their professional experience but who don’t see career progression or learning opportunities with their current employer.
Unlike many firms of our size, Hickory pride ourselves on rewarding motivated, talented individuals by helping them fast-track their careers and step into senior leadership roles. Despite significant growth we remain focussed on retaining an inclusive, family culture. Hickory employees have direct access to company directors, who are personally involved in the professional development of each member of the team
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum 10 years in design activities as well as experience in managing large projects
- Tertiary qualifications in Construction Management or similar
- Significant experience in commercial construction
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Strong negotiation and relationship building skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Experience with Cheops and Aconex software
Benefits and culture
Respect, camaraderie, ingenuity and empowerment are the foundations of Hickory’s philosophy. We pride ourselves on fostering an inclusive, encouraging and innovative culture, where the combined strengths of talented individuals produce exceptional results.
Working with Hickory you will:
- Receive recognition and reward with an attractive salary package
- Work on iconic, architecturally unique projects
- Discover excellent career progression opportunities in a growing and dynamic company
- Gain experience and exposure to the industry’s most progressive construction systems
How to register your interest:
If you would like to express your interest in leading one of Hickory's new projects, please send a cover letter and CV with the subject line Project Manager - Melbourne to firstname.lastname@example.org, or use the form below by to apply.
*Please note that only candidates with valid work rights and who match the selection criteria will be shortlisted and contacted in regards to this position.