Hickory Group is leading the way in manufacturing precast panels for our residential and commercial projects, as well as servicing our growing number of clients. We are seeking a Production/Precast Supervisor to ensure the end to end production of our Hickory Building Systems (HBS) manufactured products in our Laverton North factory.
About the role
As the Production Supervisor, you will work the floor of the precast factory, ensuring it is run safely, effectively, on time and on budget, meeting quality and production targets. You will have prior experience in precast, steel fixing and concreting and a minimum of 5 years supervising a team.
You will be required to:
- Coordinate production ensuring operations run efficiently and to production plan
- Ensure the right resources are planned and scheduled with the right skills at the right time
- Train and upskill new employees under supervision
- Identify, specify, and source all equipment and materials
- Ensure all workstations are resourced, replenished, and ready for production
- Ensure production and quality standards are met and maintained as per Quality Inspection and Design Drawings
- Implement corrective actions as required to enhance and improve quality
- Manage labour and equipment within budget
- Assist Production Manager with labour forecasts and scheduling of resources to meet production targets.
- Participate and contribute to the development of a quality and continuous improvement culture.
To be successful you are required to have:
- Experience in leading and managing teams
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in manufacturing and/or construction preferred
- Precast, construction, manufacturing, steel fixing, concreting knowledge / experience preferred
- Able to read and interpret construction drawings
- Overhead Crane license and Forklift license desirable
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Computer and general technology literacy
- Quality and continuous improvement focus
- Good Teamwork skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong people management skills
- Supportive culture, where people are considered the business’ biggest asset
- Nimble management, quick to react and make decisions
- Our Laverton North office is equipped with a basketball court and a well-appointed lunchroom
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Role diversity, ability to work across multiple projects (usually at once)
- Professional growth opportunities
If you believe you have what it takes to fulfil this role, please submit your resume and a detailed cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Thank you, recruitment agencies, but we do not need assistance with this position.