Participate in the design, implementation and inspection of temporary works associated with large building projects involving formwork systems and components, perimeter protection screens, protection decks, precast panel erection and support.
Key Areas of responsibility;
- Work on various aspects in the design of specific components or assemblies related to building phases of projects.
- Use established procedures, gather and correlate basic data to perform detailed or routine engineering designs and tests.
- Assist with the resolutions of problems and systems development.
- Providing engineering support to internal and external personnel in installation, maintenance, design and project related matters.
- Provide technical assistance to investigate, diagnose, identify appropriate solutions to technical problems.
- Follow up with fabrication of purpose design components.
- Ensure a safe work environment is maintained applying all company policies and safe work practices, demonstrating a strong commitment to the safety of employees, customers, suppliers and the community.
- Other ad hoc duties, as required.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities;
- Degree in engineering.
- Knowledge in construction of reinforced concrete structures. The use of building systems and components utilized in these projects.
- Work can be performed independently, with general supervision.
- Apply and interpret engineering principles, techniques and methods.
- Be motivated, results orientated self-starter with the ability to work largely unsupervised but also able to operative effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and in writing.
- Analytical skills, particularly with respect to technical issues.
- Familiar with the use of the relevant Australian Standards and the BCA.
To apply for this position please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org