At Hickory, we don’t believe in standing still, for over three decades we have continually invested in researching and developing systems and products to improve the way we build. Our philosophy is ‘MADE for LIFE’ – it’s a commitment we honour, each day. Everything we do and everything we build is ‘MADE for LIFE.’ Whether it’s refining our patented, prefabricated building products, developing more efficient and sustainable construction practices, or bringing expertise inhouse to supply critical components, we always believe there is a better way. As a result, Hickory have become one of the most diverse property companies in Australia.
As a Construction BIM Coordinator for our Data Centre Project, you will lead the implementation of BIM processes and technologies specific to this project. You will be at the forefront of ensuring that our Data Centre Project benefits from the advantages of BIM, including enhanced collaboration, improved efficiency, and reduced risks. Join us in shaping the future of construction through innovation and excellence on this unique project.
WHAT HICKORY CAN OFFER
- Work-Life Balance: Enjoy a balanced work-life schedule with a standard 5-day work week.
- Continuous Career Advancement: Unlock your potential through ongoing career development and growth prospects.
- Employee Wellbeing: Access our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for valuable support and resources.
- Travel Perks: Benefit from exclusive travel perks, including discounted flights and hotel rates.
- Expert In-House Team: Collaborate with our dedicated structures and facades team.
- Family-Friendly Policies: Receive paid parental leave to support your family needs.
- Supportive Culture: Thrive in a nurturing team environment that values both collective and individual achievements.
- Diverse Opportunities: Gain exposure to a wide range of roles and industry leaders in our leading market company.
- Model Ownership: Take full ownership of the BIM model for the Data Centre Project, ensuring that all service trades’ models are up to date and meet the required deadlines, including Design Development (DD), shop drawings, and IFC submission dates. Collaborate closely with the Services Manager to achieve this.
- Subcontractor Coordination: Coordinate and maintain strong communication with all services subcontractors to develop their models to the required levels of detail (LOD 300 and 400). While subcontractors are responsible for the design coordination aspects, ensure that their models align with project standards and requirements.
- Clash Detection Management: Lead the clash detection process for all services, meticulously identifying clashes and assigning them to the respective trades for resolution.
- Clash Detection Meetings: Conduct weekly clash detection meetings with subcontractors, documenting minutes and providing comprehensive clash detection reports. This ensures timely resolution of coordination issues.
- Services Coordination: Take charge of coordinating and overlaying all services subcontractors’ models, ensuring seamless integration with the structure and architectural elements. This includes coordinating reflected ceiling plans, ceiling space compartmentalization, riser shaft dimensions, and layouts.
- Issue Resolution: Provide valuable support and assistance in resolving any coordination issues that may arise during the construction phase, facilitating a smooth project execution.
- BIM Implementation: Lead the implementation of BIM processes, standards, and protocols tailored to the Data Centre Project’s specific requirements.
Collaboration and Coordination: Facilitate collaboration among project stakeholders, including architects, engineers, contractors, and subcontractors, to optimize BIM workflows and data exchange.
- Model Management: Manage BIM models, data, and associated documentation, ensuring version control and accessibility for project participants.
- Quality Assurance: Ensure the accuracy and consistency of BIM deliverables by establishing and maintaining BIM standards and quality control procedures.
- Training and Support: Provide training and support to project teams to enhance their BIM capabilities and promote BIM adoption throughout the organization.
- Performance Monitoring: Monitor and assess the performance of BIM processes and technologies, making improvements as needed to enhance project efficiency and quality.
- Client Engagement: Collaborate with clients to understand their BIM requirements and ensure project deliverables meet or exceed their expectations.
- Compliance and Standards: Ensure compliance with Australian BIM standards, codes, and regulations, as well as company-specific guidelines.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THE ROLE
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, or a related field.
- Proven experience in BIM coordination within the construction industry.
- Proficiency in BIM software such as Revit, Navisworks, and AutoCAD.
- Strong understanding of Australian BIM standards and regulations.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
- Problem-solving and critical-thinking abilities.
- Familiarity with sustainability and safety considerations in construction.