Construction Manager (NSW)
At Hickory, we don’t believe in standing still, for over three decades we have continually invested in researching and developing systems and products to improve the way we build. Our philosophy is ‘MADE for LIFE’ – it’s a commitment we honour, each day. Everything we do and everything we build is ‘MADE for LIFE.’ Whether it’s refining our patented, prefabricated building products, developing more efficient and sustainable construction practices, or bringing expertise inhouse to supply critical components, we always believe there is a better way. As a result, Hickory have become one of the most diverse property companies in Australia.
WHAT HICKORY CAN OFFER
- 5-day work week.
- Ongoing career development and growth opportunities.
- Access to EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Travel benefits – access to discounted flights and hotel rates.
- In house structures and facades team.
- Paid parental leave.
- A great culture and supportive team dynamic, where both collective and individual success is valued.
- Exposure to a variety of different roles and industry leaders within a market leading company.
- Schedule the project in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines
- Determine labour requirements and dispatch workers to construction sites
- Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other regulations
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients, representing the owner or developer
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors
- Obtain all necessary permits and licenses
- Direct and supervise workers
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods
- Select, contract, and oversee workers who complete specific pieces of the project, such as painting or plumbing
- Requisition supplies and materials to complete construction projects
- Prepare and submit budget estimates and progress and cost tracking reports
- Develop and implement quality control programs
- Take action to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction site
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems
- Plan, organise, and direct activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems
- Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites, to ensure that proper procedures are being carried out
- Evaluate construction methods and determine cost-effectiveness of plans
- Direct acquisition of land for construction projects
- Demonstrate positive and consistent leadership behaviours
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the building and construction industry with demonstrated working knowledge of materials, methods, and the machines / tools involved in commercial and residential construction.
- Demonstrated knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
- Strong communication skills along with knowledge of the principles and processes for providing customer and personal services including meeting quality standards and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Overall understanding of issues of public safety and security including knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data and property
- Knowledge of and experience with business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
- High level problem solving, judgement and negotiation skills and demonstrated ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong and the ability to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
If you’re looking to work within a great team with one of Australia’s most innovative builders, we’d love to hear from you as soon as possible! Submit your CV today.apply