Senior Contracts Administrator (NSW)
SYDNEY BASED ROLE
At Hickory, we don’t believe in standing still, for over three decades we have continually invested in researching and developing systems and products to improve the way we build. Our philosophy is ‘MADE for LIFE’ – it’s a commitment we honour, each day. Everything we do and everything we build is ‘MADE for LIFE.’ Whether it’s refining our patented, prefabricated building products, developing more efficient and sustainable construction practices, or bringing expertise inhouse to supply critical components, we always believe there is a better way. As a result, Hickory have become one of the most diverse property companies in Australia.
We are seeking a full-time Contracts Administrator to join team. This is a site-based position, the primary focus of this role being to assist with the review and management of all contracts. You will be pivotal in acting as the liaison between the Project Manager, subcontractors, and clients in order to achieve project objectives.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Carrying out all Head Contract and Subcontract financial and administrative activities of the project.
- Reviewing all tender documents, contractual conditions, and reporting on items of commercial or risk significance with recommendations for action.
- Reviewing and supporting the set-up of project budgets.
- Preparing monthly PCG reports and project cost forecasting.
- In conjunction with Project Manager, providing timely and accurate reporting to reflect the financial position of the project.
- Coaching and mentoring direct reports.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THE ROLE
Ideally, we are looking for someone who has:
- Relevant degree (minimum) qualification in Building and Construction.
- Minimum two years experience in a similar role within the commercial construction industry.
- High level of contract administration and legal knowledge, particularly in relation to Principal – Head Contractor and Head Contractor – Subcontractor Contracts.
- Experience with design and construct (D&C) contracts, including scopes, extension of time claims, and assessing variations.
- Estimating experience e.g. take-offs and variations.
- Professional-standard written and verbal communication.
- Excellent attention to detail, time management, and organisational skills.
- Strong negotiation and relationship-building skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills with an ability to operate independently.
- Experience using Cheops and Aconex software would be advantageous.
WHAT HICKORY CAN OFFER
Aside from a great opportunity to work for one of Australia’s top commercial builders, there are also some great benefits on offer:
- A family-oriented feel where you are more than just a number and where there is a commitment to delivering on promises and creating an incredible experience for employees. Our team are seen as ‘our biggest asset’!
- A culture of innovation, learning, and growth; where inventive thinking, hard work and dedication is acknowledged and celebrated.
- Access to the Head Office facilities, including:Wellness and fitness centre with yoga studio and gym;
- In-house café and bar;
- Lockers, secure bike storage, towel and dry-cleaning service, shower and change rooms; and
- On-site high-pressure car wash bay.
If this sounds like your next opportunity, please submit your detailed cover letter and CV today.
*Please note that applicants must have unlimited Australian working rights to be considered for this opportunity; due to the volume of applications received, only successful applicants may be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.apply