HSE Manager (NSW)
At Hickory, we don’t believe in standing still, for over three decades we have continually invested in researching and developing systems and products to improve the way we build. Our philosophy is ‘MADE for LIFE’ – it’s a commitment we honour, each day. Everything we do and everything we build is ‘MADE for LIFE.’ Whether it’s refining our patented, prefabricated building products, developing more efficient and sustainable construction practices, or bringing expertise inhouse to supply critical components, we always believe there is a better way. As a result, Hickory have become one of the most diverse property companies in Australia.
Hickory has an exciting pipeline of works on the go and as such, are seeking a full-time, site based, HSE Manager to join the NSW team. Reporting to the HSEQ Manager (Melbourne based) and working closely with the NSW Construction Management team, the HSE Manager is responsible for ensuring that Hickory’s HSEQ Management System is effectively implemented across all NSW operations whilst striving to continually improve Hickory’s HSE culture and performance.
WHAT HICKORY CAN OFFER
- Ongoing career development and growth opportunities.
- Access to EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Travel benefits – access to discounted flights and hotel rates.
- In house structures and facades team.
- Paid parental leave.
- A great culture and supportive team dynamic, where both collective and individual success is valued.
- Exposure to a variety of different roles and industry leaders within a market leading company.
- Provide safety leadership to the NSW project teams to drive and maintain a true safety culture.
- Develop and implement NSW’s HSE plans, systems, and standards.
- Monitor project operations to ensure that HSE Plans, standards, and safety regulations are met.
- Consult with key stakeholders to ensure that safety issues are identified, communicated, and resolved.
- Conduct HSEQ inspections to identify hazards and ensure controls are implemented to minimise risk.
- Coordinate site inductions, toolbox talks, and safety meetings.
- Verify contractor HSE documentation (e.g., insurances and SWMSs) meets Hickory’s minimum standards.
- Lead SafeWork NSW notifications and interactions, in addition to other external WHS stakeholders.
- Investigate and report on incidents, injuries and near misses.
- Participate in developing and implementing company HSE initiatives.
- Associated reporting and administration.
- Minimum Cert. IV in OHS/WHS.
- Previous experience in a similar role within the construction industry, including a demonstrated understanding of the high-rise commercial construction process and plant operations.
- Hold a valid Construction Induction Card / White Card.
- Sound understanding of current Australian workplace health and safety legislation and plant safety requirements.
- Ability to positively influence and communicate with operational teams and management.
- Safety auditing experience on large commercial projects or similar.
- Experience using Hammertech (advantageous) or similar HSEQ management systems.
- Professional standard of written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to complete accurate reports/paperwork to a high standard.
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite (Work, Excel, Outlook).
If this sounds like your next opportunity, I would love to hear from you as soon as possible! Submit your CV today.apply