HSEQ Systems Manager
At Hickory, we don’t believe in standing still, for over three decades we have continually invested in researching and developing systems and products to improve the way we build. Our philosophy is ‘MADE for LIFE’ – it’s a commitment we honour, each day. Everything we do and everything we build is ‘MADE for LIFE.’ Whether it’s refining our patented, prefabricated building products, developing more efficient and sustainable construction practices, or bringing expertise inhouse to supply critical components, we always believe there is a better way. As a result, Hickory have become one of the most diverse property companies in Australia.
Manage and improve all Hickory’s Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) Systems and strategies while supporting and guiding operational staff through HSEQ issues.
WHAT HICKORY CAN OFFER
- Family-Friendly Policies: Receive paid parental leave to support your family needs.
- Wellness & Fitness Amenities: Enjoy access to wellness and fitness facilities, including a yoga studio and gym, to promote a healthy lifestyle.
- Premium End-of-Trip Facilities: Benefit from premium end-of-trip amenities such as lockers, secure bike storage, towel and dry-cleaning service, and top-notch shower and change facilities.
- Modern Office Environment: Immerse yourself in a unique working environment within a brand-new, state-of-the-art office building.
- Continuous Career Advancement: Unlock your potential through ongoing career development and growth prospects.
- Employee Wellbeing: Access our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for valuable support and resources.
- Travel Perks: Benefit from exclusive travel perks, including discounted
- Supportive Culture: Thrive in a nurturing team environment that values both collective and individual achievements.
- Diverse Opportunities: Gain exposure to a wide range of roles and industry leaders in our leading market company.
- CBD Convenience: Our location in the CBD offers easy access to public transport and is just a short walk away from Southern Cross Station, Southbank, South Melbourne Market, Albert Park, and more.
- HSEQ Assessment: Conduct a thorough evaluation of the existing HSEQ standards within the organization to gain insights into current performance strengths and areas that require improvement.
- Strategic Planning: Develop a comprehensive HSEQ strategy aimed at fostering a culture of continuous improvement. This strategy will be instrumental in raising our organization’s HSEQ performance to new heights.
- Senior Leadership Support: Provide strategic HSEQ advice to the senior leadership team, offering guidance and expertise in the development and execution of HSEQ initiatives.
- Performance Metrics: Create measurable HSEQ metrics and generate monthly reports. Analyze data to identify opportunities for enhanced performance and recommend improvement measures.
- Systems Enhancement: Lead the simplification, improvement, and maintenance of our EH&S systems, ensuring they align with best practices and compliance requirements.
- Training Development: Design and implement training processes to enhance the engagement of site teams, including both staff and workers, in the effective use of EHS systems and SWMS compliance.
- Site Visits: Regularly visit project sites to collaborate with project management teams and gather valuable feedback to identify potential areas for improvement.
- Audits and Assessments: Participate in project audits, both internal and external, and contribute to high-risk area reviews and project risk assessments to maintain a high level of safety and quality.
- Leadership and Support: Provide leadership and support to EHS Advisors, fostering their growth and ensuring consistent adherence to HSEQ standards.
- Cultural Development: Work diligently to shape and strengthen the organization’s HSEQ culture, encouraging all employees to actively contribute to and improve HSEQ performance.
- Guidance and Standardization: Offer clear guidance on acceptable HSEQ standards for all employees, ensuring alignment with our organizational values.
- Cultural Leadership: Lead by example as a cultural influencer within the organization, demonstrating a commitment to our HSEQ values and principles.
- Tertiary qualifications in Occupational Health and Safety (OHS).
- Proficiency in computer skills and hands-on experience with HSEQ (Health, Safety, Environment, Quality) systems.
- Comprehensive understanding of high-rise construction processes.
- Thorough knowledge of plant safety requirements.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Outstanding proficiency in documentation management.
- Expertise in construction-related safety legislation.
- Expertise in construction-related industrial relations.
- Familiarity with confined space requirements, precast concrete panel installation, construction electrical installations, working at heights, window installation, and related areas.
- Effective communicator to large groups of workers.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience in safety auditing for large-scale commercial construction projects.