Maintenance and Warranty Manager
At Hickory, we don’t believe in standing still, for over three decades we have continually invested in researching and developing systems and products to improve the way we build. Our philosophy is ‘MADE for LIFE’ – it’s a commitment we honour, each day. Everything we do and everything we build is ‘MADE for LIFE.’ Whether it’s refining our patented, prefabricated building products, developing more efficient and sustainable construction practices, or bringing expertise inhouse to supply critical components, we always believe there is a better way. As a result, Hickory have become one of the most diverse property companies in Australia.
- To provide an exceptional level of technical customer service to all stakeholders and to manage the day-to-day operations of field technicians and office operations for Hickory+.
- Overall responsibility for ensure Technicians are working efficiently and achieving key day to day objectives relating to all after care enquiries.
- Ensure client satisfaction and expectations are exceeded in resolving issues.
- Report regularly tracking time, cost, and quality for all works, and the division as a whole.
- Ensure defective construction work is backcharged to the responsible contractor.
- Root cause analysis to capture the classification/quantification of site related issues to allow accurate reporting and timely communication to sites to prevent reoccurrence.
- Receive and analyse complaints from Building Managers, occupants and owners (Complainants) regarding defects.
- Respond to Complainants with a solution for their Complaint.
- Inspecting properties to determine if Complaints require Hickory + to make good.
- Allocate defects to the correct subcontractor.
- Managing Hickory + technicians day to day workload.
- Ensure EHS standards are maintained at all times.
- Conduct weekly meetings with the department to ensure the team is abreast of their responsibilities and have a forum to communicate issued.
- Prepare monthly reports noting all activities performed by Customer Care Operators during previous month. Report is to included financial performance including costs back charged, key defects/root cause analysis for the period, productivity of Technicians.
- Prepare weekly reports for Directors noting all key activities performed during the week and issued arising/resolved during the week.
- Seek revenue opportunities through paid service work.
- Log new jobs / close out completed jobs using Simpro software.
- Prepare information to be used in “Lessons Learned” and “Quality Alert” advise to sites following root cause analysis of issues.
- Liaise with sites and clients during handover phase of project to ensure a smooth transition from site team to Hickory + team.
- Advise on training needs for the team.
Participate in construction activities such as:
- High Risk workshops and wet area design reviews.
- On site inspections during construction.
- Lessons Learned meetings.
- Graduate QA training sessions.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THE ROLE
- Extensive Building experience particularly in QA and after sales services.
- Degree/Trade qualification. Preferably Registered Practitioner.
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, time management and organisational skills.
- Ability to operate independently and use of initiative.
- Excellent computer skills.
If you’re looking to work within a great team with one of Australia’s most innovative builders, we’d love to hear from you as soon as possible! Submit your CV today.apply