Quality Assurance Coordinator
At Hickory, we don’t believe in standing still, for over three decades we have continually invested in researching and developing systems and products to improve the way we build. Our philosophy is ‘MADE for LIFE’ – it’s a commitment we honour, each day. Everything we do and everything we build is ‘MADE for LIFE.’ Whether it’s refining our patented, prefabricated building products, developing more efficient and sustainable construction practices, or bringing expertise inhouse to supply critical components, we always believe there is a better way. As a result, Hickory have become one of the most diverse property companies in Australia.
We are looking for a part-time Quality Assurance Coordinator to join the team, with the option to work either 3 or 4 days a week. The primary focus of the role is ensuring the consistent delivery of high-quality projects, though continual inspection and verification that project Teams and subcontractors are complying with Hickory QA Systems, Manufactures requirements and Australian Standards.
WHAT HICKORY CAN OFFER
- Ongoing career development and growth opportunities.
- Access to EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Travel benefits – access to discounted flights and hotel rates.
- In house structures and facades team.
- Paid parental leave.
- A great culture and supportive team dynamic, where both collective and individual success is valued.
- Exposure to a variety of different roles and industry leaders within a market leading company.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of QA Systems used by site teams.
- Review use of QA Systems by teams and provided guidance where necessary.
- Regularly attend all sites. Understand site program and communicate with teams to undertake timely inspections before areas are covered up.
- Review ITP’s and verify materials used methodologies being used are in accordance with Australians Standards and Manufacturers requirements.
- Undertake testing/inspections as necessary to verify quality of works and report on QA issues relating to: Waterproofing, Fire rating, Structures / Precast Grouting, Facades, Services Rough in and Commissioning.
- Attend design workshops for High-Risk areas when requested.
- Make recommendations as to QA system/process improvement and assist in implementation.
- Liaise with Hickory + to understand defect issues arising so that the root cause can be communicated to Project Teams.
- Assist in preparation of Quality Alerts.
- Bachelor degree or Diploma in Engineering or Construction or Completed Apprenticeship.
- Registered Building Inspector (Desired)
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Strong analytical skills and expertise in “Root Cause” analysis.
- Experience in Quality Assurance for consumer product manufacturer with demonstrated experience working with suppliers or distributors.
If you’re looking to work within a great team with one of Australia’s most innovative builders, we’d love to hear from you as soon as possible! Submit your CV via Seek today.apply