Senior Contracts Administrator
At Hickory, we don’t believe in standing still, for over three decades we have continually invested in researching and developing systems and products to improve the way we build. Our philosophy is ‘MADE for LIFE’ – it’s a commitment we honour, each day. Everything we do and everything we build is ‘MADE for LIFE.’ Whether it’s refining our patented, prefabricated building products, developing more efficient and sustainable construction practices, or bringing expertise inhouse to supply critical components, we always believe there is a better way. As a result, Hickory have become one of the most diverse property companies in Australia.
We are seeking a full-time Senior Contracts Administrator to join the Victorian team This is a site-based position, the primary focus of this role being to assist with the review and management of all contracts. You will be pivotal in acting as the liaison between the Project Manager, subcontractors, and clients in order to achieve project objectives.
WHAT HICKORY CAN OFFER
- Ongoing career development and growth opportunities.
- Access to EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Travel benefits – access to discounted flights and hotel rates.
- In house structures and facades team.
- Paid parental leave.
- A great culture and supportive team dynamic, where both collective and individual success is valued.
- Exposure to a variety of different roles and industry leaders within a market leading company.
- Carrying out all Head Contract and Subcontract financial and administrative activities of the project.
- Reviewing all tender documents, contractual conditions, and reporting on items of commercial or risk significance with recommendations for action.
- Reviewing and supporting the set-up of project budgets.
- Preparing monthly PCG reports and project cost forecasting.
- In conjunction with Project Manager, providing timely and accurate reporting to reflect the financial position of the project.
- Coaching and mentoring direct reports.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THE ROLE
- Relevant degree or qualification in Building and Construction.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role within the commercial construction industry.
- High level of contract administration and legal knowledge, particularly in relation to Principal – Head Contractor and Head Contractor – Subcontractor Contracts.
- Experience with design and construct (D&C) contracts, including scopes, extension of time claims, and assessing variations.
- Estimating experience e.g. take-offs and variations.
- Professional-standard written and verbal communication.
- Excellent attention to detail, time management, and organisational skills.
- Strong negotiation and relationship-building skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills with an ability to operate independently.
- Experience using Cheops and Aconex software would be advantageous.
If this sounds like your next opportunity, I would love to hear from you as soon as possible! Submit your CV today.apply