Leading Hand – Logistics (NSW)
At Hickory, we don’t believe in standing still, for over three decades we have continually invested in researching and developing systems and products to improve the way we build. Our philosophy is ‘MADE for LIFE’ – it’s a commitment we honour, each day. Everything we do and everything we build is ‘MADE for LIFE.’ Whether it’s refining our patented, prefabricated building products, developing more efficient and sustainable construction practices, or bringing expertise inhouse to supply critical components, we always believe there is a better way. As a result, Hickory have become one of the most diverse property companies in Australia.
WHAT HICKORY CAN OFFER
- 5-day work week.
- Ongoing career development and growth opportunities.
- Access to EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Travel benefits – access to discounted flights and hotel rates.
- In house structures and facades team.
- Paid parental leave.
- A great culture and supportive team dynamic, where both collective and individual success is valued.
- Exposure to a variety of different roles and industry leaders within a market leading company.
- Assist with the coordination of all relevant service quality and safety checks on plant and equipment.
- Administer induction and refresher training for operators using plant and equipment that required licences and certifications.Maintain skills/licences/plant registers.
- Comply with internal Hickory policies and safety requirements.
- Communicate with drivers and pass on any issues that may arise to resolve transport challenges.
- Liaise with, HBS and Hickory Project Managers/Site Managers to ensure all delivery requirements are met and communicate any delays as required.
- Coordinate the timely flow of information to and from sites.
- Assist with the compilation of required logistics and transport reports.
- Assist with general housekeeping once all office/administration tasks are completed.
- Initiate and lead labour on site to ensure logistics zones, work fronts etc are kept in a tidy, neat, and safe manner at all times.
- Maintain and update short work program/ delivery ‘Whiteboards’ using efficient work practices.
- Assist with inductions and onboarding of workers to site
- Control site logistics including workzone management, crane board, hoists, platforms etc.
- Direct and manage Hickory labour hire logistics staff, inclusive of crane crews, traffic control, general labour etc.
- Manage industrial relations at a site level
- Manage and maintain Hickory tools and equipment including tool register and allocation of tools to labour hire
- Participate in and lead safety walks including the close out of identified safety issues
- Manage traffic controllers and traffic flow around site ensuring compliance to CTMP
- Maintain site security and access/egress in and around site
- Perform, and oversee labour hire with all general Construction Worker duties where required
- Manage and close out QA/ ITP & defect
- Maintain site sheds ensuring compliance of equipment and cleaning schedule.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THE ROLE
- Excellent numeracy, written and verbal communication skills.
- Time management skills and the ability to prioritise tasks is essential.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Proven experience to meet strict deadlines and work under pressure.
- Practical and hands on approach.
- Good organising and planning skills
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft software inclusive of Outlook, Word and Excel are preferred.
- Ticketed dogman, rigger, EWP, forklift, manitou are all highly beneficial.
- Competent in using small and electric tools
If this sounds like your next opportunity, I would love to hear from you as soon as possible! Submit your CV today.apply