Project Director (Data Centre)
At Hickory, we don’t believe in standing still, for over three decades we have continually invested in researching and developing systems and products to improve the way we build. Our philosophy is ‘MADE for LIFE’ – it’s a commitment we honour, each day. Everything we do and everything we build is ‘MADE for LIFE.’ Whether it’s refining our patented, prefabricated building products, developing more efficient and sustainable construction practices, or bringing expertise inhouse to supply critical components, we always believe there is a better way. As a result, Hickory have become one of the most diverse property companies in Australia.
As a Project Director for Hickory’s Data Centres you will spearhead the management and delivery of data centre construction projects. Your primary responsibility will be to provide leadership and strategic direction, ensuring the successful execution of projects while maintaining a strong focus on safety, quality, and client satisfaction.
WHAT HICKORY CAN OFFER
- Work-Life Balance: Enjoy a balanced work-life schedule with a standard 5-day work week.
- Continuous Career Advancement: Unlock your potential through ongoing career development and growth prospects.
- Employee Wellbeing: Access our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for valuable support and resources.
- Travel Perks: Benefit from exclusive travel perks, including discounted flights and hotel rates.
- Expert In-House Team: Collaborate with our dedicated structures and facades team.
- Family-Friendly Policies: Receive paid parental leave to support your family needs.
- Supportive Culture: Thrive in a nurturing team environment that values both collective and individual achievements.
- Diverse Opportunities: Gain exposure to a wide range of roles and industry leaders in our leading market company.
- Project Leadership: Lead, manage, and oversee all aspects of Data Centre projects, including planning, execution, and completion.
- Project Planning: Develop and execute project plans, including schedules, budgets, and resource allocation, to meet project objectives and timelines.
- Safety and Compliance: Ensure safety in design and risk management is well considered and implemented in all Hickory projects.
- Team Development: Coach and mentor direct reports, developing their skills and experience; provide opportunities for hands-on learning and challenges where appropriate.
- Quality: Achieve and maintain quality levels in accordance with contractual obligations as well as Hickory Group’s expectations.
- Financial Management: Monitor project budgets, financial performance, and cost controls, taking necessary actions to ensure projects remain on budget.
- Industrial Relations: Communicate all IR matters to the Construction Manager and/or Legal, as appropriate, in a timely manner.
- Stakeholder Communication: Maintain clear and effective communication with all project stakeholders, providing regular updates on project progress.
- Risk Management: Identify and manage project risks, proactively addressing any challenges that may arise.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THE ROLE
Possess tertiary qualifications in Building and Construction OR Services Discipline OR hold a Tafe Diploma in Building
Proven track record in successfully managing and delivering Data Centre construction projects in Australia.
Strong network and relationships within the Data Centre sector.
Thorough understanding of construction regulations and safety standards.
Excellent communication, negotiation, and problem-solving abilities.
Display outstanding attention to detail, effective time management, and organizational abilities.
Be assertive yet diplomatic in holding stakeholders accountable, particularly in matters of time, cost, safety, and quality.
Lead by example and inspire and mentor direct reports.
Skillful in prioritizing tasks to meet project needs.
Possess a comprehensive understanding of site documentation, including plans, specifications, etc.