At Hickory, we don’t believe in standing still, for over three decades we have continually invested in researching and developing systems and products to improve the way we build. Our philosophy is ‘MADE for LIFE’ – it’s a commitment we honour, each day. Everything we do and everything we build is ‘MADE for LIFE.’ Whether it’s refining our patented, prefabricated building products, developing more efficient and sustainable construction practices, or bringing expertise inhouse to supply critical components, we always believe there is a better way. As a result, Hickory have become one of the most diverse property companies in Australia.
We are seeking a full-time HSE Advisor to be based on-site at our Hickory Building Systems (HBS) and Sync Industries facility in Laverton North. Reporting to the HSEQ Manager, this position will be responsible for ensuring Hickory’s HSE Management System is effectively implemented, Hickory’s values are adhered to, and business units are supported through HSE issues/improvements.
WHAT HICKORY CAN OFFER
- Work-Life Balance: Enjoy a balanced work-life schedule with a standard 5-day work week.
- Continuous Career Advancement: Unlock your potential through ongoing career development and growth prospects.
- Employee Wellbeing: Access our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for valuable support and resources.
- Travel Perks: Benefit from exclusive travel perks, including discounted flights and hotel rates.
- Expert In-House Team: Collaborate with our dedicated structures and facades team.
- Family-Friendly Policies: Receive paid parental leave to support your family needs.
- Supportive Culture: Thrive in a nurturing team environment that values both collective and individual achievements.
- Diverse Opportunities: Gain exposure to a wide range of roles and industry leaders in our leading market company.
- Ensure Compliance: Oversee operations to ensure that Hickory’s Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) Plans and Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) legislation requirements are consistently met.
- Collaborate for Safety: Consult with operational teams to identify, communicate, and resolve safety concerns effectively.
- Safety Inspection and Hazard Mitigation: Conduct HSE inspections to identify hazards and implement necessary controls to mitigate risks.
- Safety Communication and Coordination: Organize site inductions, toolbox talks, and safety meetings to promote a culture of safety.
- Risk Planning and Assessment: Strategically plan and forecast risks associated with facility activities.
- Contractor Documentation Verification: Validate that contractor HSE documentation, including insurance and Safe Work Method Statements (SWMSs), aligns with Hickory’s stringent standards.
- Incident Investigation and Documentation: Investigate and accurately document incidents, injuries, and near misses to drive improvements in safety protocols.
- Reporting and Administrative Duties: Fulfill associated reporting and administrative responsibilities in a thorough and timely manner.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THE ROLE
- Minimum Certification: Possession of a Cert. IV in OHS/WHS or equivalent experience, such as a background in a relevant trade.
- Industry Background: Previous experience in a similar role within the construction, manufacturing, or related industries.
- Industry Knowledge: Demonstrated comprehension of construction and manufacturing processes, including but not limited to precast concrete panel manufacturing, electrical installations, mobile plant, and fixed plant (highly desirable).
- Essential Credentials: Hold a valid Construction Induction Card / White Card.
- Legislative Knowledge: Sound familiarity with current Australian workplace health and safety legislation and plant safety requirements.
- Communication and Influence: Ability to positively influence and effectively communicate with operational teams and management.
- Software Competency: Proficient in using Microsoft Office suite applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Professional Communication: Maintain a professional standard of written and verbal communication skills, including the capability to produce accurate reports and paperwork to a high standard.
- Safety Auditing: Prior experience in safety auditing is advantageous.