Senior HSE Advisor
At Hickory, we don’t believe in standing still, for over three decades we have continually invested in researching and developing systems and products to improve the way we build. Our philosophy is ‘MADE for LIFE’ – it’s a commitment we honour, each day. Everything we do and everything we build is ‘MADE for LIFE.’ Whether it’s refining our patented, prefabricated building products, developing more efficient and sustainable construction practices, or bringing expertise inhouse to supply critical components, we always believe there is a better way. As a result, Hickory have become one of the most diverse property companies in Australia.
WHAT HICKORY CAN OFFER
- 5 day work week.
- Ongoing career development and growth opportunities.
- Access to EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Travel benefits – access to discounted flights and hotel rates.
- In house structures and facades team.
- Paid parental leave.
- A great culture and supportive team dynamic, where both collective and individual success is valued.
- Exposure to a variety of different roles and industry leaders within a market leading company.
- Ensure that project operations are conducted in line with HSE Plans.
- Guide project teams to ensure that individual HSE accountabilities are completed.
- Conduct site specific inductions for all workers.
- Ensure that all contractor safety documentation complies with Hickory Standards including safety plans, SWMS’s, workers compensation insurance and public liability insurance.
- Conduct daily informal safety walk (plus weekly formal inspection).
- Consult regularly with stakeholders on site and ensure all safety issues are discussed and communicated.
- Participate in and lead toolbox meetings as required.
- Continually monitor works on site to ensure that all workers are complying to their SWMS and work processes, including completion of task observations.
- Assist to identify hazards. Work with the team to determine and implement appropriate controls to eliminate and / or reduce hazards. Close out actions using own initiative where possible.
- Ensure that subcontractors and Hickory are providing adequate supervision to workers on site.
- Coordinate the Safety Committee as required, undertaking site safety walks, typing up and distributing the minutes and ensuring that all actions are closed out within agreed timeframes.
- Close out actions using own initiative where possible.
- Record all accidents, incidents and near misses. Conduct incident investigations and reporting.
- Ensure that plant is inducted as per Hickory procedures and daily plant pre-start checklists are completed.
- Work with project teams to ensure that high-risk works are planned, reviewed, and assessed and that controls are put in place to eliminate risk where possible.
- Complete weekly Risk Forecast with the Hickory Site Management team.
- Compete and update the Project Risk Assessment for the workplace, as required.
- Identify training opportunities for Hickory employees on site so that tasks are completed safely.
- Informal coaching and mentoring of Hickory team members and contractors on both specific and general safety and environmental topics.
- Oversee the Hickory Injury Management Procedure. Assist with return-to-work plan development and monitoring.
- Ensure that the workplace emergency plan is in place and coordinate the emergency team, including arranging emergency drills and review of these.
- Ensure electrical equipment is tested and tagged as per legislative requirements.
- Implement safety systems and procedures as required by the Hickory Group.
- Actively participate in HSE initiatives and assist to identify new HSE solutions.
- Ensure reporting and content is up to date in the Hammertech system.
- Work to develop the organisation’s HSE culture in a manner that encourages employees to interact with and improve HSE performance.
- Provide clear guidance on acceptable HSE standards for all employees.
- Behave as a cultural leader for the organisation through the emulation of our core value of Humility.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THE ROLE
- Tertiary qualifications in WHS OR Diploma in WHS OR Cert IV WHS with relevant experience OR a trade background. ICAM Lead Investigator desirable, but not essential.
- Proficient in Hammertech, and other HSE construction technology
- Good computer skills.
- Exceptional understanding of plant safety requirements.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent documentation management skills.
- Knowledge of workplace safety legislation.
- Knowledge of construction related industrial relations.
- Exceptional understanding of construction processes, precast concrete panel manufacture and erection, electrical installations, mobile plant, fixed plant, etc.
- Able to communicate effectively to large groups of workers.
- Able to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Safety auditing experience.
If this sounds like your next opportunity, I would love to hear from you as soon as possible! Submit your CV today.apply