Project Manager (NSW)
Hickory is a diverse property and construction company striving to create better places for future communities. Over the past 30 years, we have continually invested in researching and developing digital platforms, people, and products to advance the capabilities of the built world. Whether it’s refining our patented, prefabricated building products, developing more efficient and sustainable construction practices, or bringing expertise in-house to supply critical components, we always believe there is a better way. Everything we do and everything we build is ‘MADE for LIFE.’
We have a fantastic opportunity for a suitably experienced Project Manager to join the team on a full-time permanent basis. This is a critical role, responsible for ensuring that Hickory’s projects are delivered on time, on budget, and to the highest standards across all aspects of construction, fit-out, and handover. The successful Project Manager will have the opportunity to work on some exciting large-scale projects, including a social housing project comprised of 300+ apartments in Redfern set to commence construction in late 2024 to early 2025.
WHAT HICKORY CAN OFFER
- 5-day work week.
- Ongoing career development and growth opportunities.
- Access to EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Travel benefits – access to discounted flights and hotel rates.
- In house structures and facades team.
- Paid parental leave.
- A great culture and supportive team dynamic, where both collective and individual success is valued.
- Exposure to a variety of different roles and industry leaders within a market leading company.
- Project manage external stakeholder deliverables through meetings, workshops, programs and strategy, ensuring targets and project requirements are met.
- Prepare detailed scopes of works to form the basis of fee proposals, consultant engagements, and project deliverables.
- Liaise and coordinate with various teams to ensure targets, goals, budgets, and milestones are met.
- Prepare project programs, cash flows, and construction milestones and deliverables.
- Ensure all third party construction services are delivered in accordance with the agreed program, budget, documentation and contract terms.
- Regularly inspect active construction sites and ensure projects are being constructed in accordance with the documentation, quality, and standard expected.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THE ROLE
- Tertiary qualifications in Project Manager, Construction Management or related, or sufficient equivalent experience.
- A proven track record of successfully delivering building projects within the commercial construction space.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Demonstrated understanding of Australian building codes and standards, environmental standards, and WHS-related legislation.
- Strong design understanding.
- Able to quickly adapt and troubleshoot new challenges.
- Ability to establish and maintain successful working relationships with all internal and external project stakeholders.
- Professional standard written and verbal communication skills.
- Hold a valid Construction Induction Card / White Card.
If this sounds like your next opportunity, we’d love to hear from you as soon as possible! Please submit a cover letter and CV today.
Please note: Applicants must have unlimited Australian working rights to be considered for this opportunity.apply