At Hickory, we don’t believe in standing still, for over three decades we have continually invested in researching and developing systems and products to improve the way we build. Our philosophy is ‘MADE for LIFE’ – it’s a commitment we honour, each day. Everything we do and everything we build is ‘MADE for LIFE.’ Whether it’s refining our patented, prefabricated building products, developing more efficient and sustainable construction practices, or bringing expertise inhouse to supply critical components, we always believe there is a better way. As a result, Hickory have become one of the most diverse property companies in Australia.
As a Construction Project Planner at Hickory, you will be an integral part of our project management team, responsible for creating and managing project schedules that ensure the successful and timely completion of our construction projects. Your expertise in project planning and scheduling will contribute to our reputation for delivering high-quality, on-time, and on-budget projects.
WHAT HICKORY CAN OFFER
- Work-Life Balance: Enjoy a balanced work-life schedule with a standard 5-day work week.
- Continuous Career Advancement: Unlock your potential through ongoing career development and growth prospects.
- Employee Wellbeing: Access our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for valuable support and resources.
- Travel Perks: Benefit from exclusive travel perks, including discounted flights and hotel rates.
- Expert In-House Team: Collaborate with our dedicated structures and facades team.
- Family-Friendly Policies: Receive paid parental leave to support your family needs.
- Supportive Culture: Thrive in a nurturing team environment that values both collective and individual achievements.
- Diverse Opportunities: Gain exposure to a wide range of roles and industry leaders in our leading market company.
- Project Scheduling: Develop, maintain, and communicate project schedules, incorporating all project phases, activities, and dependencies.
- Coordinating key supplier & subcontractor deliveries of critical plant and equipment.
- Resource Allocation: Collaborate with project managers to allocate resources effectively, ensuring that labor, equipment, and materials are scheduled efficiently.
- Critical Path Analysis: Identify critical path activities and potential delays, proposing solutions to mitigate schedule risks.
- Progress Monitoring: Continuously monitor project progress and update schedules as necessary to reflect actual progress and any deviations from the plan.
- Communication: Effectively communicate project schedules to all stakeholders, ensuring alignment and understanding of project timelines and milestones.
- Risk Assessment: Identify schedule-related risks and work with the project team to develop contingency plans.
- Documentation: Maintain accurate records of project schedules, changes, and updates.
- Reporting: Generate regular reports on project progress, schedule performance, and any variances.
- Extension of Time Claims: assisting with site team submissions, reporting, logic, negotiating, client queries, and assessment of subcontractor delay claims
- Continuous Improvement: Stay current with industry best practices in project planning and scheduling, implementing improvements in processes and tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience in construction project planning and scheduling, preferably in the Australian construction industry.
- Proficiency in project management software (e.g., Primavera P6, Microsoft Project).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration abilities.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy.
- Knowledge of construction processes, methodologies, and regulations.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.