Site Manager (NSW)
At Hickory, we don’t believe in standing still, for over three decades we have continually invested in researching and developing systems and products to improve the way we build. Our philosophy is ‘MADE for LIFE’ – it’s a commitment we honour, each day. Everything we do and everything we build is ‘MADE for LIFE.’ Whether it’s refining our patented, prefabricated building products, developing more efficient and sustainable construction practices, or bringing expertise inhouse to supply critical components, we always believe there is a better way. As a result, Hickory have become one of the most diverse property companies in Australia.
The Site Manager holds the overall responsibility for management of site operations with regard to safety, time, cost and quality and provides input into decisions relating to subcontractor and supplier scope and selection, as well as management of industrial relations matters.
WHAT HICKORY CAN OFFER
- Work-Life Balance: Enjoy a balanced work-life schedule with a standard 5-day work week.
- Continuous Career Advancement: Unlock your potential through ongoing career development and growth prospects.
- Employee Wellbeing: Access our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for valuable support and resources.
- Travel Perks: Benefit from exclusive travel perks, including discounted flights and hotel rates.
- Expert In-House Team: Collaborate with our dedicated structures and facades team.
- Family-Friendly Policies: Receive paid parental leave to support your family needs.
- Supportive Culture: Thrive in a nurturing team environment that values both collective and individual achievements.
- Diverse Opportunities: Gain exposure to a wide range of roles and industry leaders in our leading market company.
- Site Establishment and Organization: Oversee the setup and organization of the construction site, ensuring it meets project requirements and complies with safety regulations.
- Planning and Programming: Develop, implement, and manage construction plans and schedules to ensure project milestones are met.
- Subcontractor Management: Coordinate and manage subcontractors, ensuring their work aligns with project specifications and timelines.
- Materials Management: Supervise the procurement, delivery, and storage of construction materials, maintaining accurate inventory and quality control.
- Labour Management: Lead and supervise on-site labor teams, optimizing their performance and productivity.
- Quality Assurance: Enforce strict quality control measures to ensure the construction work meets or exceeds project and industry standards.
- Health and Safety on Site: Uphold a safe working environment by implementing and enforcing health and safety protocols in compliance with local regulations.
- Site Records: Maintain accurate and up-to-date records, including daily logs, progress reports, and documentation for project reference and reporting.
- Industrial Relations: Foster positive relationships with stakeholders, addressing any industrial relations issues promptly and professionally.
- Extensive Industry Experience: A minimum of 10 years’ experience in the commercial construction industry.
- Site Management Expertise: At least 5 years of experience as a Site Manager, specifically on projects with a value exceeding $50 million.
- Educational Background: A relevant degree in Building and Construction.
- Effective Time Management: Exceptional time management skills to ensure efficient project execution.
- Negotiation and Relationship Building: Strong capabilities in negotiation and building positive relationships with stakeholders.
- Communication and Leadership: Excellent communication and leadership skills to effectively lead on-site teams and manage project dynamics.
- Problem-Solving Proficiency: Demonstrated problem-solving skills, capable of addressing complex challenges in the construction field.