Located in Melbourne’s iconic, graffiti-covered Hosier Lane, Youth Projects provide essential services for Melbourne’s homeless. Due to an increased demand for their services, Youth Projects Living Room, which has been operating for 15 years, had recently become run-down and lacked the space to accommodate the vast amount of people who need their help.
Alongside many of our subcontractors, suppliers and consultants, Hickory pitched in and donated our construction services to deliver a significant building upgrade, valued in excess of $300,000.
The newly reopened building includes a functioning kitchen for clients to learn to prepare healthy food, new bathroom and laundry facilities, access to computers, lockers for clients to store their belongings and areas for artistic expression, relaxing and talking.
Youth Projects’ Chair Melanie Raymond said the extensive redevelopment has transformed their facility and made a tangible difference to the lives of Melbourne’s homeless.
Click here for video of the building process and to find out more about Youth Projects.
Youth Projects Upgrade Contributors:
- Hickory Group (Builder and Project Manager)
- The Good Guys (All appliances)
- Elenberg Fraser (Architectural services)
- Access Hardware (Door hardware)
- ASI Electrics (Power and security)
- Auscool (Rangehoods and exhausts)
- Australian Commercial Doors (Door harware)
- Before Compliance (DDA Consultant)
- Bunnings Warehouse (Joinery)
- Cloud9 Aerial Photography (Time-lapse video of construction)
- Corinthian Doors (Door hardware)
- Criterion Industries (Aluminium skrts and glue supply)
- DATS (Site bins)
- DSA (Strip out of old items)
- Elton Group (Timber)
- EnviroProtect Pty Ltd (Asbestos audit)
- Expert Security (Security systems)
- Harvey Norman Commercial (Sanitary items)
- Kaboodle (Cabinetry)
- Kinban Building Consultants (Building Surveyor)
- Liquid Vision (Plumbing)
- Matadoor (Door supplies)
- Move-In (Furniture)
- Portelli Painting and Maintenance (Painting services)
- SM Interiors Vic (Plastering)
- Taubmans (Paint)
- UBM Group (Painting Labour)
- Wetspot (Tiles, bench tops and splashbacks)
- World Advertising (Project signage)